Was it something that I said? I know that it was something I said I’m going crazy trying hard to forget You know I’m trying to hard forget I just want to go back, hold on to the way that I was 'Cause you took away all my young life And I hate who I’ve become from your heat, now…
1. Contrary to popular belief, waking up early isn’t going to drastically alter your life or effect how you’re feeling. So sleep till noon and relish in the way laying in bed all day makes you feel a little more human.
2. Drinking your coffee ‘black’ doesn’t make you cooler or more sophisticated than the rest of us who load in milk and sugar.
3. Being unimpressed by everything makes you look like a twat. Get excited, be overly passionate about something. Enthusiasm is fun.
4. Hating yourself isn’t romantic.
5. Eat whatever you want. your friend’s a vegan? Awesome. Listen to her talk about how great she feels because of it while you tuck in to some chocolate cake. Tell her you feel just as great.
(Note:she is silent through the transaction, which includes a gift card.)
Me:“How much would you like on this?”
Customer:“Oh, sorry. Can I have $150?”
Customer:*after paying* “Can you do me a favor?” *she hands me the gift card* “The next customer you see that you think could use this, could you give it to them?”
Me:*stunned* “…Of course!”
(After a minute another customer comes up, a visibly upset young woman.)
Me:“Hi! How are you?”
Customer #2:“I’m okay, thanks.”
(Clearly she is not ok, but she is trying very hard to be pleasant. She is getting very basic items:milk, bread, eggs, etc. Nothing very festive.)
Me:“So your total comes out to $0.00.”
Me:“The person before you gave me a $150 gift card to use for the next person I thought could use it. You look like you’re having a rough day, so here are your groceries, and there’s about $130 left on this card.”
(The customer just started crying. Once she could, she thanked me about 100 times. Made my whole Christmas season.)